Holland and Sons
Our story began in 1972 when Gary Holland first bought into a John Deere dealership then known as Forster Implement Co. Gary and son Todd Holland purchased all remaining interest in the Mendota dealership in 1985, subsequently renaming the dealership Holland & Sons, Inc. Three years later, in 1988, they added their second store location in Princeton as well as Ty Holland came on as an owner .Holland and Sons acquired a third location in Dixon in 1994. Around this time, Gary's youngest son Troy become the fourth owner. In 2007, the Holland family purchased another store, Goodrich Equipment in Geneseo, Illinois. In November of 2009, a fifth location was added in Freeport, Illinois. Murphy and Gustafson, Inc. had previously served northwest Illinois and the surrounding area since 1946. In 2017, Matt Holland bought into the family dealership, extending ownership to three generations of Hollands.