Community Leadership Academy
IVCLA will meet, with a few exceptions, once a month for 8 months with additional activities for individual or small group projects mixed in. We will typically hold the academy on the last Thursday of each month, except for November and December due to holidays.
Cost: $1500 for current members $2000 for non-members
The Agenda will be similar to below:
SEPT- Orientation and Retreat
- Participants will receive their personalized Maxwell DISC reports, be put in small groups for their capstone project, and participate in leadership, teambuilding, and communication trainings and activities.
OCT- Community History Day
-During Community History Day participants will learn more about how our area got its start as we visit the LaSalle County Historical Society, the Reddick Mansion, the Hegeler Carus Mansion, and Starved Rock Lodge
NOV- Civil Leadership Day
-During Civil Leadership day the group will hear from and meet County leaders, tour the LaSalle County court house, hear from one of our Judges, tour the new Peru Police station and hear from municipal leaders
-This month also requires a self schedule police ride along
DEC- Leadership in Education and Nonprofits
- As part of Leadership in Education and Nonprofits day our attendees will receive tours and information sessions from Dimmick Grade School, LaSalle Peru High School, and Illinois Valley Community College as well as a round table discussion with community nonprofit leaders
- This month requires attending a school board meeting on your own
JAN- Leadership in Healthcare
- Our Leadership in Healthcare day will allow our group to tour OSF St. Paul in Mendota and the OSF Care-A-Van with presentations on Healthcare Equity, a visit to and presentation from North Central Behavior Systems on Mental Health, a tour of St. Margaret's Health and Doctor presentation on technology in our healthcare systems
FEB- Leadership in Manufacturing
- During Leadership in Manufacturing participants will go on tours of several local manufacturing facilities include Maze Nails, Eakas, MTM Recognition and more, with information on business longevity, international partnerships, customer service focus, and employee recognition
MARCH- Leadership in Agriculture
-As we explore Leadership In Agriculture the IVCLA will be provided tours and presentations at Marquis, Corteva Agriscience, and August Hill Winery, as well a presentation from the Bureau County Farm Bureau and a farm visit
APRIL- Leadership in Business and Entrepreneurship
- During Leadership in Business and Entrepreneurship participants will hear from local businesses that provide services to support other businesses, including Studstill Media, Sequoia Digital, and MCS Advertising. We will also hear from local entrepreneurs who took a chance on their dreams and are now enjoying the success of their hard work including a presentation from Cody Grandadam from LitezAll and CL Enterprises.
MAY- Graduation Ceremony
What past participants are saying:
"I was very happy to be a part of the Illinois Valley Community Leadership Academy. I feel the most beneficial part of the academy were the connections that I built with the other members. I feel as though these are people that I will be able to reach out to in the future and they will only help my network grow. I learned many valuable lessons in leadership along the way and was grateful for the opportunity to participate." Laura O. Business Service Rep- B.E.S.T. Inc
“One of the greatest benefits I received is making connections with other people in the community who are service minded and want what’s best for us and our communities to make them stronger and better working together. When you put together people interested in leadership and also people interested in serving our communities, there’s nothing but good outcomes to come from it” Dr. Patrice H. Director of Learning Resources- I.V.C.C.
“It (DISC assessment) has allowed us to understand ourselves better and understand other people and how they operate, I think participants will walk away with a better understanding of what our community is and what our community needs. I think it will position us for more partnership and collaboration.” Chris W. CEO- Illinois Valley YMCA
“It comes down to people. And when you have the right people doing the right things in the right places, it only accelerates the trajectory of the region to grow and flourish, and that recruits people to come live and make their family’s home in the Illinois Valley.”- Carrie B. Business Development Specialist- OSF HealthCare
What's In it For Me (or my employee)
Participants in the Illinois Valley Community Leadership Academy can expect the following:
- A network of peers to share ideas, concerns, and opportunities now and for years to come
- Connections with current business and community leaders
- The Opportunity to make on impact on your local community through the IVCLA capstone project
- A Copy of Becoming a Person of Influence by John Maxwell
- A DISC assessment and debrief
- Monthly Leadership Lessons to share real leadership struggles/opportunities and get feedback from your cohort
- Breakfast and Lunch each session
- Transportation during the October and February session
- Other opportunities and items throughout the Academy
Thank You Sponsors!
If you'd like to become a sponsor contact Bill!