Are you looking for a fulfilling Diesel Service Technician internship with a growing company? Are you the type of person that prefers a fast-paced job with steady, challenging work that will provide you the opportunity to work on medium-duty and heavy-duty trucks? Would you like to continuously improve your technical skills?
Our interns are given the opportunity to put their skills to use in a real-life shop environment while they are attending school! If you are still in school but are applying to work for us upon graduation, or if you're not attending school and don't have much, or any, experience in this industry, please apply for the Diesel Service Technician - Peru, IL position. Only apply for the Diesel Service Technician Intern position if you're currently in school and want to work for us while you're still considered a "student."
CIT Trucks is a full-line commercial truck dealership with territories throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana.
CIT Trucks is an equal opportunity employer.
We have an opening for a motivated, hardworking, and dependable Diesel Service Technician/Mechanic Intern. The Diesel Service Technician/Mechanic Intern will work closely with senior technicians to perform vehicle repairs and maintenance work on heavy-duty and medium-duty diesel trucks in accordance with dealer and manufacturer standards.
Duties will include:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complaint and perform necessary repairs
- Repair and/or replace faulty components on diesel engines, electrical systems, fuel systems, and other systems
- Perform inspection and preventative services
- Road test when required
- Complete online manufacturer courses and attend instructor-led training classes
- Keep current on factory technical bulletins and ongoing training
- Use shop tools proficiently and safely
- Follow all safety policies and procedures including completing safety training
- Maintain a clean work area and abide by all corporate safety policies and OSHA standards
- High school diploma or GED
- Pursuing a diesel technology or heavy equipment certificate or degree
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgment
- Professional personal appearance
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time