Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse
Reports to: Manager of Psychiatric Services
Services Location: Ottawa
Provides nursing services to clients who receive psychotropic or other medications for behavioral health disorders. Participates with psychiatrist in the provision of telepsychiatry services.
- Responsible for providing medication education and monitoring to clients and their families
- Coordinates services with psychiatrist and other members of the treatment team
- Completes medication education and monitoring for clients receiving psychiatry services
- Responds to nursing voicemail and requests for refills and rescheduling of appointments
- Monitors individual's health status and changes relative to medication changes or changes in symptoms
- Consults with pharmacist, outside health care providers and internal team members to assure coordination and continuity of care
- Provides health education on smoking, obesity, chronic illness, nutrition, and healthy lifestyles
- Advocates for needed healthcare services on behalf of individuals
- Uses technology to complete assessment, counseling, education and monitoring
- Participates in trainings, meetings and supervision as required
- Completes Medication reconciliation upon admission, discharge from inpatient or medical appointments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with electronic health record and Computer programs
- Ability to assess and triage clients needs
- Ability to recognize symptoms and side effects related to health and medications
- Completion of nursing school program with State of Illinois License as RN or LPN
- Preferred experience working in a behavioral health setting
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- 25% of time spent walking or standing, lift up to 10 pounds at times