This position will be fully responsible for timely and accurate production entry and raw material receiving on a daily basis. He/She will provide purchasing support for the Plant Buyer. This position will be responsible for analyzing and communicating information to plant management as well as key teams across the corporation. He/She will spend time cross-training to become versed in all functions. He/She will play a key role in identifying process improvements and leading the way to successfully implement them. As a member of the Accounting team, this position reports to the Plant Controller.
Production Entry & Processing: (45%)
- Enter daily production including updating all applicable spreadsheets, entering data into SAP, and identifying and resolving any discrepancies or issues.
- Maintain movement of inventory through the quality process.
- Oversight of MRB inventory including movements of all quality and non-quality product.
- Manage movement of damaged and obsolete inventory.
- Researching and resolving invoice issues.
- Assisting with vendor management including new vendor set-up and on-going maintenance.
- Converting requisitions to purchase order.
- Managing open receipt resolution (GRIR process).
- Assist in managing open purchase orders to keep up-to-date and accurate so the information may be used in budget management and cost forecasting.
Raw Material Receiving: (20%)
- Collecting and segregating BOL tickets.
- Entering or scanning receipt information and preparing for entry into SAP.
- Enter data into SAP.
- Continually identifying, designing, and implementing best practices and process improvements and explaining processes and techniques throughout the plant.
- Ad hoc projects as identified and assigned, including cost savings initiatives, production related projects, etc.
Cross Training: (5%)
- Alternating through various task to gain experience which may include consignment processing, report generation, month end close duties, etc.;
- Continually identifying, designing, and implementing receiving best practices and process improvements and explaining processes and techniques throughout the plant.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to challenge information and a passion to exhaustively uncover robust facts and data which improve insights and the quality of the final decision.
- Proven ability to process complex and detailed data and information.
- Demonstrated expertise of research methods and report preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate production and financial information across the business.
- Ability to be tactical as well as see the bigger operational picture.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and think independently about alternative ways to solve problems based on analysis of data.
- Ability to offer advanced solutions based on collected, summarized, and analyzed data.
- Ability to apply creativity and latitude in identifying new projects, trends, and processes.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, pivot tables & V Lookups, and other financially-related and proprietary software).
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships and exert influence when needed.
- Ability to effectively promote and represent the Company and Procurement Department to suppliers and the market in the assigned region.
- Demonstrate personal integrity in conducting business with suppliers which ensure compliance with the laws, business guidelines, and ethical standards set by the Company, local authorities, and U.S. governments.
- Demonstrated experience in ERP systems software (SAP preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Materials/Logistics Management preferred.
- Purchasing/data processing experience in a business environment (experience in manufacturing and/or operations preferred).