The Warehouse and Shipping Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of both the Warehouse Foreman and the Shipping Foreman who together represent the entire ownership of all finished good transactions in the warehouse. This role will be responsible for the safety of the warehouse, both of person and product, as well as the flow and storage of all finished good products in the plant and the outbound and inbound shipments that accompany them. The manager will report directly into the plant manager and work with our central WH & SH organization to ensure that the operation is executed in line with the overall business goals both in the plant and the network. All forklift operators in the plant will report under this organization with the exception of the Production forklifts on the sheet machine. The role will be responsible for providing direction to both Warehouse and Shipping foreman so that the responsibilities of each team is covered while also maintaining the right strategy to complete those responsibilities on a short and long term level. Having a full understanding of what is moving in and out of the WH on a daily basis and how to plan and assign labor accordingly is the core of the role. This role requires an individual who is capable of working with multiple departments while ensuring the overall health of the warehouse is maintained while also ensuring that we satisfy the business needs to execute all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Responsible for the safety of person and material in the warehouse.
- Warehouse foreman reports into this role who is responsible for executing the daily flow and storage of all things that go through the WH to enable good warehouse design and strategy as well as focusing on key goals like reducing touches, maximizing warehouse utilization, minimizing forklift traffic, etc.
- Shipping foreman reports into this role who is responsible for the inbound and outbound shipments of FGs for the plant.
- Capable of providing direction and guidance to both departments that facilitates strong cross functional performance while driving efficiency gains and cost reductions around the operation in both areas.
- Work directly with the plant management staff of the overall goals and business direction both short and long term goals and business initiatives.
- Oversee and manage all offsite locations under the same guidelines given to the main plant warehouse
- Work with Central WH&SH organization on the long term goals and business requirements for James Hardie so they can be executed on site.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate timely and accurate reporting of the warehouse and shipping KPI’s
- Build an organizational advantage by ensuring that both departments are enabled to cross train on job responsibilities providing flexibility to the overall Warehouse and Shipping team.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with all James Hardie Employees.
- 4 Year College degree is preferred but not required. Degree must be from an accredited institution. Minimum high school diploma/GED required.
- 3+ Years of experience preferred of equivalent warehouse/shipping experience
- 3+ Years of supervisory experience over hourly personnel is preferred but not required.
- Background in Lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Comfortable working in a largely self-directed environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Able to routinely operate and train on a forklift
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated and strong follow up skills
- Ability to flow between both big picture and granular tasks and work streams