Manufacturing/Machine Operator Postion at Canam
Perform typical machine shop duties to support the production floor.
- Operate overhead cranes, and perform daily operator inspections.
- Identify and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Load products on flatbed trucks.
- Operate forklift.
- Assist welders, benders, loaders and/or line production.
- Meet Customer delivery requirements.
- Participate in Lean activities.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Work safely and follow company safety policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, cleaning, scrap removal and other production related jobs.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to read measurements accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Some experience preferred in the operation of production machinery in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Standing for most of the shift, walking, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working near moving machinery and cranes.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Noise in work environment is usually very loud.