A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a production line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to equipment changeovers.
This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. At ADS we offer both 8 & 12-hour shifts.
Joining our team has great benefits, here’s just a few for our 12-hour shift opportunities:
Work-life balance, with more days off per month you’ll enjoy time away from work. You can plan your life around predictable schedules and extra days off for personal interests, hobbies, and wellness activities.
Increased pay as our 12-hour shift will increase take-home pay because you’ll earn at least 8 hours of OT each pay period.
Personal Savings as our 12-hour shift employees will have fewer workdays per week which mean fewer hours commuting and lower expenses related to getting to and from work. At ADS this equals six less trips to work per month.
Whether you want an 8 or 12-hour shift, we have it all available!
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Embraces a culture of safety
- Manages a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet quality specifications that meet customer needs
- Utilizes standard operating procedures to ensure the production line is running with specifications
- Leads with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
- Maintains a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE and housekeeping compliance.
- Accurately completes shift production and reporting paperwork.
- Conducts regular product sampling to ensure consistent quality
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
- Meets or exceeds standard production efficiencies on all production lines.
- Maintains and increases ability to operate various production lines through certifications
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line but also facility housekeeping