Lean Agent Position at Canam
The Lean Agent: will be responsible for the optimization of process performance projects, oversee organizational transformation projects according to the Lean Continuation Improvement culture and assist the various teams involved.
- Challenge and guide leadership teams in the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Lead high-impact Kaizen events and other process improvements (e.g., Six Sigma) projects in the context of developing facilitation skill sets in employees.
- Facilitate smaller events with the intent of demonstrating successful implementation and encouraging locally-led adoption of relevant application.
- Coach and mentor event/project leaders in concepts, tools and change management techniques.
- Motivate champions by spreading methodology awareness and providing assistance necessary for event/project success.
- Assist business unit management in establishing key process metrics.
- Work with Lean Advisors from other Canam plants to share lessons learned, replicate improvements and establish a consistent deployment approach, “Lean Way of Thinking.”
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Have knowledge of Lean and Kaizens
- Project management skills and results-oriented processes
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Experience leading 5S and Kaizen events.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral or written form and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in manufacturing
- Possesses effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills.
Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.