Prepare simple, clear, complete, and accurate steel joist and steel deck layout plans, sections, and bills of material from contract documents in accordance with the customer's requirements and industry practices while consistent with our corporate mission, values and department objectives.
- Examine documents such as contract drawings, specifications, and change orders to verify completeness and accuracy of data according to the designer's drawings
- Prepare layout drawings for submission to the customer for written approval
- Generate bills of materials for CSC products based on layout drawings and including loading and design requirements
- Check the accuracy and completeness of layout drawings and bills of materials generated by self as well as others
- Issue final field use construction documents for use by the customer
- Coordinate with the steel erection drawings as required
- Maintain job files in appropriate computerized file directory for access by other departments
- Notify Project Management of any change in scope due to revised drawings or customer requests and post changes to computerized or manual control records
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and update CSC submittals accordingly
- Provide customer support through the erection process for questions that may arise
- Utilize computer associated drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, coworkers, and supervisors
- Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor.