Windows Desktop & Server Field Engineer
The successful candidate will possess a superior background in the following areas.
Description and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the first point of contact for employees and vendors to troubleshoot PC and Server issues.
• Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
• Configure and install computer workstations and printers.
• Microsoft Windows server routine maintenance and troubleshooting with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Folder Redirection, Group Policy, Printers.
• Microsoft Windows server migrations from previous versions of Windows Server to current versions of Windows Server including migration of Active Directory roles, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy changes, login scripts and customer software.
• Microsoft Exchange on premise routine maintenance, updates, user mailbox, group mailbox, distribution lists changes.
• Office 365 hosted Exchange routine maintenance, updates, user mailbox, group mailbox, distribution list changes, license management.
• Setup and maintain virtualized environments including HyperV, VMware, Citrix XenServer.
• Setup, maintain, restore, and test backup services including Arcserve Backup, Arcserve UDP, Barracuda Backup.
• Troubleshooting of failed patches for Microsoft Windows and third party programs.
• Troubleshooting of antivirus programs including Symantec Endpoint Protection and Bit Defender.
• Troubleshooting of network issues and ability to identify problems including DHCP, DNS. First level troubleshooting of physical hardware for switches, access points, routers, appliances, VLANs.
• Troubleshooting of other email issues with hosted emails that are IMAP, POP3, etc.
• Create and keep up to date documentation on customers setups, install procedures, network diagrams, IP assignments, infrastructure change management and change logs.
• Perform general maintenance on firewalls and Unified Threat Management Appliances including finding blocks, whitelisting web sites, troubleshooting of VPN tunnels.
• Present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety experience levels.
• Working with customers to determine if their current hardware, software, and security practices meet current needs and standards that are constantly changing. Working with the customer, vendors, and team to provide recommendations.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to deploy Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019.
• Microsoft Exchange Server on premise, Office 365 hosted Exchange.
• Understanding of Group Policy, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and ActiveSync.
• Ability to deploy and troubleshoot Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix XenServer.
• Ability to deploy Windows 10 & Migrate from Windows 7.
• Additional software support: Office 2010 – 2019, Sharepoint, ArcServe, Solarwinds Products, Symantec, Bit Defender, Quickbooks.
• Solid understanding of network topologies and technologies.
• Ability to troubleshoot routers, VLANs and VPNs both IPSEC site to site, and client to site.
• Solid understanding of anti-virus and various on premise and cloud backup solutions.
• Cisco, Untangle, PF Sense, Barracuda, and other firewalls.
• 2+ years’ experience in a similar role providing network engineer and Microsoft Windows administration support to clients on a consulting basis.
• Deep understanding of networking protocols.
• Demonstrate the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to independently analyze problems and provide workable solutions.
• Requires the ability to follow instructions and have an attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
• Ability to drive to client sites to perform assigned tasks.
• Works effectively in a team environment and encourages the sharing of knowledge amongst team members.
• Ability to drive to client sites on occasion to perform assigned tasks
• Works effectively in a team environment and encourages the sharing of knowledge amongst team members
• Health Insurance
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• 401(k) pension plan
• Paid Holidays and vacations
• Paid training
• Hourly wage based on experience
• Performance based bonus program