Front Desk Clerk
(The below responsibilities reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility)
- Accommodate guests by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys and keeping accurate online records of assigned rooms.
- Follow check-out processes, ensuring that guest wait times are minimal and that statements are accurate. Collect payment from departing guests and provide receipts.
- As needed, respond to inquiries regarding future reservations for rooms and assist guests with dining and special event reservations, as well.
- Act as telephone operators, answering calls and responding to caller needs.
- Ensure that guests and potential guests receive the highest level of service at the front desk. Abide by customer service standards for the front desk and hold self-accountable.
- Work with Front Desk Supervisor and Manager to resolve customer complaints and ensure that customers are treated fairly and with respect.
- Sell the amenities of the Lodge at every possible opportunity.
- Use communication effectively to enhance teamwork among people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities.
- Support a work environment that inspires the highest level of performance, commitment to the mission of the Lodge and teamwork within and across departments.
- Greet and maintain rapport with customers, demonstrating a positive image and promoting the Lodge to current and potential customers.
- Establish an ethical culture; hold self and staff accountable for ethical and legal behavior.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma
- Strong customer service skills. Professional manner and appearance are essential.
- Analytical, detail oriented and a strong problem solver.
- Demonstrated success in developing positive working relationships with supervisors, peers and external vendors.
- Ability to multitask and utilize time wisely.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At least three months previous work experience in dealing with the public.
- Previous clerical experience is preferred.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and evenings as needed.
- Individual must be able to visualize a computer screen and talk on the telephone.