RN - Nurse Team SupervisorJob TypeFull-time, Part-time, TemporaryDescription
Serve as Nurse RN supervising a nursing team to render professional nursing care for the comfort and well being of the residents. Administers prescribed medication, maintains residents’ medical records and may assist physician during treatment and observation. Supervise team members.
- Maintain continuum of care by:
- Making rounds to each resident.
- Receive reports on the status of all residents and services.
- Communicate with families and Powers of Attorney regarding treatment plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team.
- Support team building.
- Promote team work through problem solving issues related to resident care.
- Coordinates shift report.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment by collaborative partnership with Environmental Services, Laundry, and Culinary Services.
- Support practices that foster compliance to Lutheran Life Communities medication administration policies and procedures, which may include: Administers oral medications, IV medications, maintains IV access as ordered and conducts a conscientious and accurate medication pass, maintains the medical record.
- Assess medical, social, psychological, spiritual, restorative and rehabilitative needs and goals of residents.
- Cooperate with other departments in developing and executing approaches to meet these goals. Implements plan of care.
- Promote holistic environment, evaluate and modify as necessary.
- Participate in care plan process.
- Collaborate with nursing management supervisor on corrective action process.
- Support attending physician making rounds, encouraging physician to record and sign orders, progress notes as well as review treatment plans and resident care plans.
- Notify physician and next of kin when warranted.
- Obtains and transcribes physician’s order.
- Current Illinois RN licensed required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR Certification is required.