LPN - Nurse Team SupervisorJob TypeFull-time, Part-time, TemporaryDescription
Serve as Nurse LPN supervising a nursing team to render professional nursing care for the comfort and well being of the residents. Administers prescribed medication, maintains residents’ medical records and may assist physician during treatment and observation. Supervise team members.
- Maintain continuum of care by: Making rounds to each resident.
- Receive reports on the status of all residents and services.
- Communicate with families and Powers of Attorney regarding treatment plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team.
- Support team building.
- Promote team work through problem solving issues related to resident care.
- Coordinate shift report.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment by collaborative partnership with Environmental Services, Laundry, and Culinary Services.
- Administer oral medications and conduct a conscientious and accurate medication pass, maintains the medical record.
- Collect data regarding oral medical, social, psychological, spiritual, restorative and rehabilitative needs and goals of residents.
- Cooperate with other departments in developing and executing approaches to meet these goals. Implements plan of care.
- Promote holistic environment, evaluate and modify as necessary.
- Participate in care plan process.
- Collaborate with nursing management supervisor on corrective action process.
- Support attending physician making rounds, encouraging physician to record and sign orders, progress notes as well as review treatment plans and resident care plans.
- Notify physician and next of kin when warranted.
- Obtain and transcribe physician’s order.
- Current Illinois LPN license required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR Certification is required.