Certified Family Partner - CNAJob TypeFull-time, Part-time, TemporaryDescription
Provide a wide variety of direct care and indirect services to residents.
- In conjunction with Lifestyle Coordinator, participate, coordinate and implement appropriate daily life enrichment activities according to resident needs.
- Complete accurate data collection of resident weight and vital signs including BP, Pulse, Respirations, Oral, Rectal or Ear temperature.
- Demonstrate accurate use of a simple pain scale with residents.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately document resident care information, incidents, and other important resident information and keeps other members of the team informed.
- Documentation is timely, correct, legible and according to assignment.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently document resident care in Care Tracker.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of illness.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of medications and effects. Information is reported in a timely manner, to appropriate personnel.
- Assist and promote independence with personal care services, assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral care and other ADL's as required.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of personal assistance devices and their application.
- Use proper techniques for resident escort and transfer.
- Report changes in condition of skin, nutrition status, mobility and mental and physical function to nurse within appropriate time frame.
- Assist in serving meals including clean up.
- Prepare food with residents as part of life enrichment activities.
- Practice safe food handling as trained.
- Offer snacks, and encourages adequate nutrition and hydration for residents.
- Develop a positive relationship with residents by respecting their rights, tolerating their differences, and providing consistent and equitable treatment.
- Use effective communication skills with residents, family and other service providers.
- Understand and is knowledgeable about safety practices, procedures and maintenance.
- Follow proper infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Ability to work on any unit as requested.
- Currently listed on the IL Department of Public Health C.N.A. registry.