Truck Driver Training Specialist, Part Time
Description: Truck Driver Training Specialist, Part Time
Reports To: Truck Driver Training Program Coordinator
Salary Range: Level 8, Non-Exempt, $18 per hour
Job Summary: Assist students to prepare for the CDL license examination. Training topics to be covered include: driving and backing skills; pre-trip inspection; trip planning; and log books. CDL Permit preparation includes: general knowledge, airbrakes, combination, tankers, doubles and triples, and hazardous materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct classroom CDL training.
- Conduct yard and road training.
- Ensure training is conducted in a professional manner.
- Keep safety a priority at all times.
- Inspect equipment and notify Program Coordinator of problems.
- Keep driver training log current and accurate.
- Match training level to student skill level.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid CDL license
- At least five years over the road experience
- Minimum of 60 months of tractor trailer experience
- Previous training experience
- Project a professional image at all times
- Available to instruct day and evening classes
- Basic computer skills and ability to navigate a web browser