Retail Teller - Oglesby
Retail Tellers are the frontline representatives and therefore the face of Heartland Bank and Trust within the communities we serve. This essential, service-oriented role is responsible for relationship development and efficient and accurate processing of customer transactions.
All Heartland Bank Retail Tellers are customer-oriented, and ready to meet the retail transactional needs of any Heartland Bank customer any time and to the very best of their ability. Retail Tellers proactively promote all Heartland Bank products and services, and build loyalty by handling customer transaction needs and actively offering solutions to meet their needs.
Fully developed Heartland Bank Retail Tellers are highly-skilled, trusted, able to respond to transactional needs of consumers within their community in a manner that is fully compliant with Heartland Bank policies and industry regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Teller transactions throughout the day, paying specific attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and possible fraud. Handle large amounts of cash. Pay attention to detail. Count cash and replenish cash, balance transactions, and meet all cash handling policy requirements.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures, while exercising good judgement ensuring that risk of fraud is minimized.
- Manage the customer experience by greeting customers and answering the phone promptly and professionally, while assessing the unique needs of each customer.
- Understand and promote Bank products, services, and A+ Customer Experience program.
- Manage multiple tasks and responding to pressure and change with poise and confidence.
- Recognize customer needs and potential relationship building opportunities.
Core Essential Job Requirements
- All employees must be able to interact in a friendly and courteous manner with customers and coworkers in order to foster a positive environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high-quality work
- Produce an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Demonstrate technical literacy through the efficient and effective use of the applications and technologies required for the role
- Demonstrate digital skills through the efficient and effective use of digital technologies and the Internet, to access, manage, and share information. Abilities include, but are not limited to, using a browser, search engines, online forms, audio, microphone, and camera functions on a PC or laptop.
- Accept feedback and redirection politely and professionally
- Assist other departments as needed
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Positively represent and promote Heartland Bank within the community
- Strong communication skills
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to support the Bank’s mission and vision and to further personal development
Other Job Requirements
- Participate in various retail and bank projects as necessary.
Demonstrate the efficient and effective use of digital productivity tools, from basic to advanced, commensurate with specific job requirements, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, dual monitors, chat, and screen sharing, and take precautions against viruses. Interest and ability to learn new applications.