NCICG, a regional planning agency that offers professional services to member communities, is seeking an energetic person to fill the position(s) for community outreach. The individual hired will work with rural communities in north-central Illinois with various responsibilities including, but not limited to, economic development activities, community development programs and grant writing in relation to COVID-19 recovery efforts.
A bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, economics or a related field is a plus. It is preferred the candidate have 1-2 years of experience in applicable program areas.
The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, public presentation skills and have the ability to work independently. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher are necessary, Social Media administration a plus. The candidate should also possess and utilize the following traits: initiative, resourcefulness, thoroughness, accuracy, tact, firmness, sound judgment, and integrity.
A valid Driver’s License is required.
Primary job tasks:
- Facilitate, with communities, economic development infrastructure and COVID-19 related projects to apply for state and federal funding.
- Act as a contact with other State and Federal agencies including, but not limited to, EDA, FEMA, HUD, DCEO, IDNR and IDOT.
- Share ideas and information with communities in the on-going recovery efforts of the region.
- Address non-routine matters and the ability to analyze complex situations, problems and data, and use sound judgment in drawing conclusions and making decisions.
- Attend local units of government meetings and must be able to attend night meetings as required and overnight conferences, if necessary.
- Salary will be commensurate with education background and work experience. Excellent benefits. Send resume, references, and salary requirements to Shug Grosenbach, Office Manager, NCICG, 613 West Marquette Street, Ottawa, Illinois 61350 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position will be open until filled. NCICG is an equal opportunity employer. ncicg.org.