WHO YOU ARE:
- A Proficient QuickBooks user
- A go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of keeping several balls in the air at once
- An extremely trustworthy person who treats financial matters with the utmost decorum and confidentiality
- Comfortable interacting with all levels within an organization
- An organized communicator and writer
Geneva Holdings, LLC. Our primary business is our used heavy machinery and equipment business(Geneva Equipment). While we buy and sell equipment, our true passion is helping our customers solve the challenges they face. We are an accredited business with the BBB and maintain an A+ rating.
THIS PERSON REPORTS TO:
This position reports to the Owner of Geneva Equipment, Tom Stevenson. You will be working in our LaSalle office at 301 Civic Road in LaSalle, IL
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain the accounting records for the company using QuickBooks
- Stay on top of QuickBooks updates that will impact our business
- Record and reconcile bank statements for all accounts as needed
- Make bank deposits, order checks, verify bank drafts and charges, and resolve bank errors
- Track the cash balance and alert the owner with regular cash flow updates
- Prepare payroll. Make journal entries as needed
- Create and maintain vendor and customer records, including contact information, payment terms, etc.
- Create and maintain employee information including contact information, start dates, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-2’s, W-4s, 1099’s and other new hire paperwork Answer questions from vendors, employees, and customers about their bills, paychecks, and invoices
- Make (or ensure they’re made) payroll tax deposits, and create and file (or ensure it’s done) payroll tax reports
- Interface with outside accounting experts such as our CPA, auditors, outside payroll company
- Manage bill payments to vendors and receipt of payments from customers which will include writing appropriate checks and comparing invoices to estimates, etc.
- Assist owner in running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results
- Perform additional banking functions as required
- On occasion, assist the owner in additional tasks involving the business
- Great diversity in what you’ll work on every day. You won’t be bored.
- A family-friendly environment where we value you as a total person
- A good, competitive wage, 10 paid holidays off per year, company health, dental, and vision insurance, 2 weeks’ vacation (pro-rated to start date, but we are flexible)
- Minimum Education: Associate Degree
- Experience can substitute for education but it must be relevant
- QuickBooks certification is a plus
Taylor Eastbrook (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No phone calls, please
Check back for additional parnters throughout the year!