August Hill Winery has an opening for a Manager of Accounting and Office Administration to lead our financial analyses and compliance requirements to improve profitability of our company. The person in this role is responsible for the completion, analysis and accuracy of the company's monthly and year-end financial statements, internal financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, and management of compliance work. In addition, this person takes the lead in establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems to safeguard AHW assets as well as is responsible for general office administration.
We are looking for a person who has an entrepreneurial spirit as well as good interdepartmental collaboration skills. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, efficient, resilient, and a clear communicator.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, analyzing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of AHW's general ledger and financial statements
- Manages the departmental coordination of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements
- Assists in the development of daily, weekly, and monthly management reports and budgets to support management in their strategic decisions
- Provides analytical reviews of sales, depletion, and forecasting
- Oversees compliance of federal, state, and local regulations such as state and TTB reporting
- Analyzes and interprets financial information on the company's performance and uses this information as a base to build 5- and 10- year projections and strategic business models
- Makes recommendations concerning management decisions, resource allocation and business operations to improve company financial performance
- Determines company requirements for financial and cost analysis planning, control, and reporting systems to support continuous improvement of business operations
- Has ownership of the accounting department's productivity and has the responsibility of successfully implementing the projects as well as continuously improving upon how to bring value-added services to both our company's internal and external customers
- Manages and coordinates office procedures, resources, and processes
- Other accounting and/or financial duties may be required that are not specifically listed above