Generalist Operator - Sign-On Bonus!
This position is eligible for a $5K sign-on bonus!
Make your dream career a reality.
If you are smart, driven, and authentic, with a background in operating machinery, or a desire in learning to become a General Operator we want to speak with you!
The Generalist Operator is an integral member of the James Hardie manufacturing team, you will be responsible for operating industrial scale machinery to convert raw materials into a finished product, while working with other team members to produce high-quality fiber cement building products.
Here at James Hardie, we believe that our continued growth and innovation are yours too, that’s why we have a progressive internal certification program that enables you to keep learning and growing throughout your journey here with us.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate and maintain industrial equipment and machinery
- Learn how to make and manufacture our wide variety of innovative products
- Communicate all pertinent information regarding safety, quality, and mechanical issues to designated leads.
- Assist in the efforts of down day machine cleaning, wash-ups, housekeeping, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform product adherence checks to maintain our quality standards
What You’ll Need:
- Ideally a minimum of 1-year experience in manufacturing, or working with large machinery and equipment
- Ability to demonstrate past success related to manufacturing, or a business support crew environment
- Understanding of safety policies to drive a best in class Zero Harm Culture
- Solid work history of learning, job growth and achievements
- Ability to continuously stand, walk or sit
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, climb ladder & stairs
Our Total Benefits:
At James Hardie, we recognize that our success depends on our people. We've worked hard to build a (generous) competitive benefits program that demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
- Comprehensive low-cost co-pay Health Insurance; medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance benefits for every 30+ hour full-time employee. *Medical Insurance starts on day one!
- 401(k) Retirement plan that will match 100% of employees saved dollars up to the first 6% of your salary.
- Paid holidays, a Wellness Pay Program, along with Jury Duty Leave and Funeral Leave paid time off.
- Free Lunch every Friday for Day and Night Shift crew members
- And more!